Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Other Danger of Text Messaging


I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my heart
For allowing myself to get caught up in this miasma of negativity,
an environment nurtured by a medium of cowards
which robs interlocutors of the beauty of discourse 
the old-fashioned way, the way God intended--
face to face, human voice to human voice.
It will not happen again.
The devil is in the medium [of text messaging]
where even prepositions seem to cast aspersions
and modifiers are misinterpreted and
the exclamation mark points the finger of executioner
and repeat exclamation points become
in-your-face, boundary invasion,
where the in-the-heat-of-the-moment
instantaneous reaction to meaningless text whining
breaks down communication
and strikes pain into the heart of the recipient.
I hereby declare my independence from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment