Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beginnings

Due to tuggings on my heart (and recent reader feedback), I feel led to take on a more inspirational and instructive role with this blog.  I have always been and will forever be a teacher of writing--I feel one of the reasons I have been put on this planet is to serve as a guide on the side, helping budding writers, young or seasoned, discover their "author within."

So I invite you, dear reader, to dust off your journal, nestle into a favorite spot, and join me on the pathway to discovering the authentic voice which lies within each of us.
It doesn't matter your age.
It doesn't matter your gender or your ethnicity or your creed.
It doesn't matter your blood type or your birthplace. 
It doesn't matter your level of education or the size of your vocabulary or even your knowledge of grammar!
Just take out a writing utensil and writing surface, whatever they may be--
Lipstick on mirror,
Chalk on driveway,
Finger on dirty back window of your SUV,
Bic pen and restaurant napkin,
No. 2 pencil and composition notebook.
Just do it.
Just write.
Don't worry about punctuation or spelling or grammar of any sort.
This is first draft writing only.  Later, you may choose to make it pretty, but for right now, just write.
15 minutes.
The topic is "Beginnings..."
I invite you to share your writing, if you feel like it, as a "Comment" to this post or you can message me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment