Friday, May 2, 2014

Speech is Costly--Free Speech is Dead.

Yikes!  It's election puke time again!
I'm already sick and tired of the robocalls
and sound bytes and video clips and carefully
cropped photo ops replete with propaganda and
euphemisms and lies!
I don't trust people or the process any longer!
And we think Putin is corrupt!
We no longer watch local news media whose primary
motivation is editorializing whatever will attract the
numbers which translate directly to advertising dollars!
I have been victim to their distortions!
And free speech is dead.
I've never seen this nation so divided nor witnessed
an electorate so discontent.
I have always considered myself to be an optimist, but...
i wonder, if Anne Frank were alive in the 21st century,
would she still claim that "Despite everything, I still
believe that people are really good at heart"?
I think not.
God help this nation.

Copyright 05/02/2014  by Katherine Szerdy

No comments:

Post a Comment