Saturday, July 9, 2011

WHAT ENERGIZES ME

WHAT ENERGIZES ME
  •  Starting off the morning with my Maker
  • Enjoying, appreciating the work of my gifted artist/son, Nathan Edward Szerdy
  • Creating an "altered" book
  • Garage saling with hubby on steamy Saturday mornings
  • Knitting magical warm fuzzy love with colorful fiber clouds of softness on pokey sticks
  • Magical teaching moments marked by eyes alit with understanding, marked by the moment students stop asking "Is this good enough?"
  • Hearing the phone message:  "Hello, this is Steve Jones, Superintendent of >>> City Schools.  There will be no school today..."
  • Organizing stuff and dancing a 27 item fling boogie
  • Reading beautiful words printed on soft delicious pages
  • Unplugging
  • Singing to my Maker at the top of my lungs in church so loudly that the people three rows up turn around and say, "You have a beautiful voice--you ought to be in the choir." ;-)
  • Walking my beautiful neighborhood under the sun or the clouds
  • Running into someone I know when out of state
  • Craning my neck at a 90 degree angle watching the Blue Angels paint inspiration all over the Cleveland or Annapolis skyline
  • Writing personal narrative
  • Art journalling
  • Yoga--even just one asana 
  • Trying a new restaurant
  • Making New Years resolutions

·      WHAT DEPLETES ME
  • Close crowds
  • Unmet expectations
  • Poor food choices
  • Monday mornings
  • Sunday evenings
  • January 1 taking down the tree
  • Too many tech tethers
  • Deployment

·      WHAT GIVES ME HOPE
  • The angel glowing atop the tree
  • Looking into the eyes of a baby
  • A friend calling me at the moment when I feel most down
  • God's tender touch in the dark
  • Flipping open my Bible to just the right verse

·      MOMENTS OF RESONANCE
  • Having the privilege of being present when Nathan asked Stephanie to marry him.
  • Darren surprising me on my 50th birthday in full dress Marine uniform
  • Singing to my son and his bride at their wedding on the beach at Wilbur-by-the-Sea
  • Enjoying Christmas lights at Stan Hywet Hall with loved ones
  • Christmas Eve Eve
  • Listening to a handbell choir
  • Christmas lights and mouse on clock in downtown Hudson
  • Laying on my couch with my shit-zuh puppy angel Bailey snoring on my belly
  • Watching a snow storm from inside my warm, cozy house
  • Opening the bathroom window on the first day of Spring
  • Sliding into flannel sheets on a cold winter's night
  • Catching magical fluffy snowflakes with my tongue
  • Staring at the Christmas tree for hours after returning home from Christmas eve services
  • Daily moments of joy remembering that we are truly home
  • Seeing my daughter so much in love--and where did you find this gem?

·      MY PET PIEVES
  • Rude students
  • People who sue good Samaritans
  • Entitlement
  • Administrators who don't take the time to check out all sides of a situation before taking action
  • Ten negative news stories for every one positive one.
  • Liberals

No comments:

Post a Comment